Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Smile, You're On The Internet

Nothing like going to a web site and seeing a photo of yourself:


Here I am with my mom at an opening for the 'Arte Graffiti na Galeria' event here in Salvador- it actually took place within walking distance of my house, always a bonus. This was a project that was done to help graffiti artists learn to promote themselves, and help them cross over into the gallery world. Ten artists were chosen and put the show together. It was extremely packed and a lot of fun. I can't remember the last time I was at an opening.

Graffiti artists like to keep a low profile, at least in the developed, prosecuting world. So I'm just going to say that in this picture is Limpo, the ultra-prolific graffiteiro who I hold responsible for my middle age folly, and Sins, who runs the paint store where we all buy our material. I won't tell you who they are.

Also- a funny thing about openings and my Candid Camera reference in the title of this post- my mom told me on this last visit here that she met Allen Funt. Where did she meet him? At an opening at his gallery in New York- of my father's paintings!

No comments: