Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Another Cute Kid Post

Lucas woke me up this morning with Hop On Pop in hand, he wanted to read. Only problem was it was 5:30 in the morning.

I informed him that Hop On Pop was not going to happen, but I could put on a movie for him, which he thought was a good idea. The only problem, as usual, was what movie. I tried the Avatar first, as that was what was in the dvd player and didn't require my getting out of bed. That worked for a little while, until Lucas lost interest and decided to read Hop On Pop to himself on the floor. That lasted all of two minutes, and he was back at my side with book in hand wanting me to read it to him again.

I successfully distracted him with the prospect of a different movie, and this time got out of bed to find one suitable for him. This can take a while. He expressed interest in Madagascar, but for some reason the CD case wasn't suitable- he told me "Like this," putting his fists together, whatever that means. It was a different copy of the film than his original one, having received a second one on his birthday. I tried to convince him that the movie was the same but he was not convinced. Finally I opened the case, and there was no disc inside so the point was suddenly moot.

At last we settled on Elmo, an old, recently neglected favorite. He watched and I slept. I was awoken once again when the disc was finished, and I started it again. He took the opportunity to show me all his new t-shirts, which he had laid out carefully on the floor in a row. I told him that was nice and retrieved a basket of toys from the other room for him so he would have something else to play with.

Eventually he got back into the bed and went back to sleep. When I woke up, Evani was pulling clothes out of drawers. His clothes. Our drawers. As we had been sleeping, he had transferred the entire contents of his dresser from his room to our room.

Evani was not pleased. I was having a hard time concealing my amusement. After all, he had amused himself for about two hours completely by himself and hadn't relied solely on the television, which makes me happy. Plus I love it when he does silly stuff, being a fan of silly stuff in general.

1 comment:

AkuTyger said...

Haha, that's awesome! I love when kids do these random things. Just the other day I had a conversation with Ju about why I can't take the milk from the refrigerator and put it in my boob so he can breast feed again. They are so creative.