Saturday, May 24, 2008

Doldrums

Have you ever had the urge to turn on the TV only to realize that there is nothing on but really annoying prime-time soap operas in a semi-foreign language? And then realized that half the reason you want the TV on in the first place is to drown out the constant buzz of conversation outside the window that makes you feel like you're in a movie theater before the film starts? And been so wiped out due to the consequences of something bad you ate the previous evening that you don't even feel like reading a book? Or surfing the internet? Or working once again on a Saturday night at home by yourself, the family having fled for greener pastures? Or even looking at the new artwork you have been working on and getting all excited about?

That, friends, (in case you haven't guessed) is the evening I'm having. Actually, a fair portion of my week has been like that, which is why I haven't been writing posts. But I'm going to stop complaining, and I'm going to scour the DVD collection for something I'm not entirely sick of and try the veg-out option again. And sleep. And a fresh start tomorrow.

No comments: