Friday, January 23, 2009

At Last, a Vacation

Whenever I get out of the city I am always astonished at how rarely... I get out of the city.

Well I pulled it off, and now I´m in a tiny town called Cabuçu on the very long coast around the Bahia de Todos os Santos, or ´Bay of All Saints´ as this enormous bay is called that gave this state it´s name. We hadn´t planned to come here, we really hadn´t made much of a plan at all (which seemed like fun at the time) but the original pseudo-plan fell through and now here we are in a small, stuffy pousada with a stinky bathroom run by an tremendously nice couple from Salvador. Tomorrow we are moving to a much nicer pousada a little ways down the road, which I wish we´d discovered last night, or early this morning, but it didn´t work out that way.

(Editor's note: This is as far as I got with this entry when the computer shut down on me- your thirty minutes are up!! I had actually written more but it didn't survive the abrupt shutdown. I'll write more about this trip shortly.)

No comments: