Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Not Brazil

Yo- I'm in Amherst, Massachusetts- sippin' on a cup of expensive coffee, listening to jazz and enjoying the free Town of Amherst Wi-Fi here at the trendy cafe. A woman with a full beard just walked in to the cafe. I am not concerned that someone will steal my laptop.

I owe this blog and my dedicated readership of 20 or so a nice long blog post or three- this is my first trip home since I started this blog. It's really strange going back to where you grow up and experiencing rather sever culture shock... anyhow, the long post isn't going to happen today. Even though I have lots of stories to tell.

I left Lucas and Grammy playing together at the house- I'm so happy I can do that now. I hope it goes okay...

Now I've got to get some work done. Até logo!

5 comments:

Mei said...

I am glad to hear you're having a nice time! Stock up on supplies to bring the States back to Bahia.

jesse said...

It was great to hang out- let me know if you have time for another quick get together before you guys go. Hope you're having a good visit overall.

Stephanie said...

Sounds like things are going well! Can't wait to hear about it! Hope the trip there went smoothly as well! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I'm so envious of your visit back to Amherst, Mark. It was a great place to grow up, and I hope you get a chance to visit with several old friends.
-Justin-

Pedra said...

Hey hope you are having fun. Not too many women with beards in Salvador, that's for sure! Stock up on the good stuff (like peanut butter!) and savor those lattes while you can :) And post some stories and pics!!!

-Cheryl