Monday, September 14, 2009

Looks Like Fun

Saturday we tried to go to the itinerant amusement park that passes through here about once a year. Wouldn't you know it- after a beautiful day, it decides to start raining as we are all en route in the car. My stepson was not pleased. The backup plan was the mall, where Ruan had informed me they had this 'Happy Ball' thing going on...


Man, they didn't have stuff like this when I was a kid.


Too bad it was fiendishly expensive for all of five minutes or I might have tried it myself. Good thing I had my camera with me so we can relive those glorious five minutes many times over.

5 comments:

michelle said...

Oh.My.GOD. Say what you will about missing various aspects of living in the states, we have no happy ball here, which is just plain wrong!

Stephanie said...

Haha!! That looks like fun!!! And we went to our traveling amusement park here a couple of weeks ago (which I have yet to blog about) and it was alright. We got to ride two rides because of lines. But the doce de leite filled churros were great. Not as great as the happy ball though!

markuza said...

thanks M and S - it was pretty cool but at R$15 (about $8.50 US) for 5 minutes it was a bit on the heart stopping side of things. S - those churros are great aren't they?? one of the closest things I can find to a doughnut around here :)

AkuTyger said...

One of my students from last year's mom came and told me about this. I so wanted to do it, but with a holiday weekend coming, I didn't want to wait in line, so I desistiou.

markuza said...

oddly, there was no line at all when we were there, despite it being a Friday or Saturday or whatever. I would have loved to try it too but I'm way too cheap (and broke) to do so.