Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Artwork to Iran

Today I sent an envelope to Tehran, with three paintings on cardboard inside. Two were painted by me, and one by my friend Sins. They will be part of the '20 x 20 Tehran' street art show/event, in which all the pieces need to be 20 by 20 centimeters. That's about 8 inches square for all you Luddites. They tell me it will take from 8 to 15 business days for them to get there. I can't help wondering, as a result of a piece I heard on NPR about a show of Iranian street art that took place in the US, whether the package will be scrutinized by government censors- not that I did anything offensive.

Judge for yourself:



I don't know why I'm so excited by this show- I guess because Iran is so much in the news, so mysterious, so potentially dangerous (hmm- kinda like another place I know). But the best thing about doing this is that it's making me see another side to the place- a side apart from the whole media madness. And that's a good thing.

2 comments:

Maris said...

Nice artwork!
I will be in Salvador (for just a day) sometime next week, so I hope to see a Kuza on some random wall somewhere!

markuza said...

Hey Thanks! I also hope you see a random Kuza somewhere, although I found out today the odds are a bit worse as one of my most recent ones just got knocked down.