Saturday, July 10, 2010

Another Dad Post

I love my son. I really do. Even when he's driving me to distraction with his constant requests to draw Batman and Robin (which he then informs me that I'm not drawing properly), sharpen pencils, show him how to play games on the computer, etc. He's getting to the age where he's doing really neat as well as cute things- starting to make little projects of his own and do more imaginative stuff as well.

This week he made beds for Max Steel and his archnemesis the Extroyer. In my day the analagous toy would have been G.I. Joe, but he didn't have a mutant enemy with a wolf's head where his right hand should be. When we play together, I am always the Extroyer and he is Max Steel, and they are actually pretty good friends most of the time. Lately they've been planting magic beans, then climbing the beanstalk and hiding from the giant before they steal the hen who lays the golden eggs.

Here's a pic of the little beds Lucas made for the toys and himself. He didn't sleep there, although he has been known to fall asleep on the floor. The picture quality is not great, but hey, it's not fine art.



And now, perhaps against my better judgment, is another super cute item. This would be the following video of Lucas and myself doing Sun Salutations. Please note that the rapidly-approaching-middle-age-guy is not the super cute part. And you gotta love the look on the little guy's face at the end of the clip.

4 comments:

Fabio Bossard said...

Hehehe..cool!

Stephanie said...

He is cute!! And really growing!!

andre said...

What a beautiful thing to do with your son.

markuza said...

Thanks everyone!