Friday, February 10, 2012

Strike Over

Well, it's over. Apparently it's been over since last night, but I just found out now, which says a lot about my future as a journalist. You'd think I would have been more on top of that one, especially seeing how I live here, and I was kinda obsessed with it yesterday. But I tend to obsess one day and dismiss the next, plus I was quite busy today with other things.

And they just started a simliar strike in Rio...

And Lucas goes back to school on Monday...

And they just crowned a smokin' super-hot drop-dead gorgeous babe as the queen of Carnaval...

And it's Evani's birthday, and we are going out to dinner!

Life returns to normal, for a few days anyways, until the Carnaval cyclone descends on the city.

6 comments:

Brasilicana said...

Not quite. Well - it's confusing. The police commander says it IS over and anyone who doesn't go back to work will be punished. But after a meeting this afternoon, the workers decided to continue the strike. They have another meeting tomorrow, presumably to discuss what their demands will be.

Happy birthday to Evani! We should plan a time to get together so that I can actually meet her :-)

markuza said...

Yeah, I realized after I wrote that that I jumped the gun somewhat. Blast. They say (or rather I say) that optimists are never pleasantly suprised. We did see a couple police cars while we were out, but the restaurant was deserted, and on a Friday night, it's usually packed. That's what I get for believing what the media says :)

Yes, we do need to get us all together - too bad you don't have a six year old as well!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday to Evani!!!!

Brasilicana said...

ok, NOW it's over!!!

Yeah, we're a few years behind you guys on the kids part... maybe we can borrow one of Christian's nieces or nephews :-p Would it work if we came over to your house sometime rather than going out somewhere, so that at least Lucas would have his toys/books/etc close by?

markuza said...

Thanks Stephanie! Message passed on. Welcome back to Brasil.

markuza said...

Brasilicana - children on loan are always good, esp. because you get to return them later :)

Books? Toys? Heck, when there are adults around to perturb those things don't exist for Lucas. Better would be some kind of outside space where he could run around...